Friday, May 20, 2005

Almost lost!

I had a dreadful experience in Edinburgh about five years ago. We had had a month's holiday in England and were catching the plane to Singapore and then back to NZ. So we were coming home. We got to the airport early and my husband went to drop off the rental car. The children and I (with LOTS of luggage) went to check in, but we couldn't find the right check in counter. e had to walk from one end of the terminal to the other and on the way the wheels on our luggage trolley broke down. We had to find another trolley and move all our suitcases on to it.

When we finally got to the checkin desk, I couldn't find the bag with the tickets, our passports and all our money. I realised that I must have left it on the trolley. We ran back to the broken trolley but it was empty. I was very upset. I went back to the check in counter and my daughter was talking to someone. A lady had found my bag and was looking for me! I was so relieved. Now I am much more careful when I am travelling.

No comments: