Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mothers Day

The second Sunday in May is Mothers Day in NZ, although in other countries it is celebrated on different dates. It is a chance to appreciate how much our mums have given us over the years. People try to spend time on the day with their mothers and often give their mums a nice gift.

I visited my mother on Saturday night and gave her a present, as I knew I wouldn't see her on Sunday. Then on Mothers Day, we had my parents-in-law round to our place for lunch. We gave my mother-in-law a gift and enjoyed spending the time with them both.

Traditionally, children bring their mothers breakfast in bed. I stayed in bed especially, and my kids got up early, and brought me a lovely tray with a special breakfast of juice and pancakes. Fathers Day is the first Sunday in September. My husband says he is looking forward to getting his breakfast in bed!

No comments: